Diploma in Software Engineering
Department of Computing and Information Systems
Application for Diploma in Software Engineering - Intake X (2024)
The deadline has been extended to February 26, 2024.
Exam Timetable - Diploma in Software Engineering - Intake IX (2023)
Revised Exam Timetable - Diploma in Software Engineering - Intake VIII (2022)
The Department of Computing and Information Systems of the Faculty of Applied Sciences, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka offers the “Diploma in Software Engineering” to cater the needs of the office force and those who are willing to become as a professional in the field of Software Engineering. This course is designed to develop and enhance the IT and software development knowledge of the participants.
The aim of the course
The aim of the proposed program is to;
- Produce skilled software solution providers with sound theoretical and practical knowledge in Software Engineering theories and practices, with the emphasis on software design and development as well as project management.
- Develop professional qualities, transferable and subject specific skills and rightful attitude to pursue a career in Software Engineering.
Duration of the course:
Areas to be covered in Diploma in Software Engineering
- Principles of Computing
- Fundamentals in Software Engineering
- Software Engineering Methodologies
- Principles of Database Management Systems
- Database Development Practices
- Computer Programming Concepts
- Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Advanced Computer Programming Concepts
- Computer Architecture
- Mathematics for Computing
- Computer Project I
To whom this course is suitable:
- Any person wishes to hold a reputed qualification in Software Engineering.
- Any person who wishes to be an expert in Software Engineering and Software Development.
- Those who got through G.C.E(A/L)
- Those who work in offices and having IT related responsibilities
- Those who are willing to work in IT related environment.