Safety Guidelines Related to Covid-19
All the students are strongly advised to adhere to following health guidelines and preventive measures recommended by the University Medical Officer in order to prevent Covid-19 spread among the students and other University staff after reopening the University for academic activities. All the students are also required to fill and submit the Covid-19 risk assessment forms.
Safety guidelines to be practiced in Lecture Halls/ Laboratories.
- Always keep a distance of 1 meter from each other.
- Always wear face masks within the lecture hall.
- Use a hand sanitizer before entering the lecture hall.
- If any one has any respiratory symptoms or fever never enter the lecture hall.
- If attending outside academic activities come early to avoid congestion at the entrance.
Safety guidelines to be practiced in the Canteen
- Avoid having lunch break at the same time so that overcrowding can be avoided in canteens.
- Wear a face mask at all times other than when you are eating.
- Adhere to recommended respiratory etiquette when coughing, sneezing.
- Wash hands properly with soap and water before and after meals.
- Line up in the queue with a safe distance from each other.
- Keep a safe distance from the canteen staff always.
- Try group wise purchasing where one student purchases for a number of students.
- Try to take food (parcels) away and have it elsewhere.
Safety Guidelines to be practiced in the Hostels.
- Wash hands with soap and water before entering the hostel premises.
- Keep footwear worn at a designated place outside the room before entering.
- Minimize touching the face at all times.
- Practice correct respiratory etiquette.
- Always wear a mask at common areas.
- Discard all potentially contaminated waste into the closed bins made available.
- Clean equipment inside hostel rooms using soap/general purpose detergent and water regularly.
- Maintain 1 meter social distancing always.
- Never share personal items or meals.
- Group studying should be minimized and can only be allowed with 1 meter social distancing.
- Limit going out from the hostel.
- If any student develops any suspicious symptoms he will be kept isolated in the hostel.