Prof. (Mrs.) J.M.J.W. Jayasinghe
Founding Head/ Department of Electrotechnology
Coordinator/ Proposed Faculty of Engineering
Founding Head/ Department of Construction Technology
Founding Head/ Department of Engineering Technology
Dr. Jeevani W. Jayasinghe joined the Department of Electronics of Wayamba University of Sri Lanka in 2008 and has been a Senior Lecturer since 2014. Previously, she worked in the industry for more than 2 years as an Engineer.
She obtained PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from University of Peradeniya with a Research Fellowship at Ramon Llull University, Barcelona, Spain. She was a Visiting Fellow of Macquarie University, NSW, Australia in the Autumn 2018.
Dr. Jayasinghe is a pioneer in the establishment of the Faculty of Technology and served as the Founding Head of the Departments of Engineering Technology and Construction Technology. Currently, she is the Head of the Department of Electrotechnology. She has visited universities and institutions in Spain, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Nepal and Australia for academic or research activities or conferences.
She was the Secretary of IEEE Sri Lanka Section in 2019 and the Chair of IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Sri Lanka Section in 2018.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Design of printed antennas and arrays for base stations, hot-spots and handheld devices.
- Use of Genetic algorithm optimization for antenna designs.
- Nature-inspired optimization techniques
- Wickramasinghe L., Weliwatta R., Ekanayake P., and Jayasinghe J., Modeling the Relationship between Rice Yield and Climate Variables Using Statistical and Machine Learning Techniques, Journal of Mathematics, 2021.
- Anguera, J., Andújar, A., Jayasinghe, J., Chakravarthy, V.V.S.S., Chowdary, P.S.R., Pijoan, J.L., Ali, T. and Cattani, C., 2020. Fractal Antennas: An Historical Perspective. Fractal and Fractional, 4(1), p.3.
- Amaratunga, V., Wickramasinghe, L., Perera, A., Jayasinghe, J. and Rathnayake, U. Artificial neural network to estimate the paddy yield prediction using climatic data. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2020.
- Anguera, J., Andújar, A. and Jayasinghe, J., High Directivity Microstrip Patch Antennas based on TModd-0 modes. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 19(1), 2020.
- Jayasinghe, J., Saraereh, O., Khokle, R. and Esselle, K., “Design and analysis of m-segment fractal boundary antennas”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 61(9), pp.2119-2125, 2019.
- Jayasinghe, A. Andújar, J. Anguera, “On the properties of Sierpinski Gasket Fractal Microstrip Antennas”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 61(3), 772-776, 2019.
- Jaume Anguera, Aurora Andújar, Sergio Benavente, and Jeevani Jayasinghe, High-Directivity Microstrip Antenna Inspired in Mandelbrot’s Fractal, IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, 12(4), 569-575, 2017.
- J.W. Jayasinghe, Anguera, J., Uduwawala, D.N. and Andújar, A., A multipurpose genetically engineered microstrip patch antennas: Bandwidth, gain, and polarization.Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 59(4), pp.941-949, 2017.
- M.J.W. Jayasinghe, J. Anguera, and D.N. Uduwawala, “Increasing the Directivity of a Microstrip Patch Array by Genetic Optimization”, Journal of National Science Foundation, Vol.43, No.1, 83-89, 2015.
- M.J.W. Jayasinghe, D.N. Uduwawala, “A Novel Multiband Miniature Planar Inverted F Antenna Design for Bluetooth and WLAN Applications”, International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Volume 2015, Article ID 970152, 6 pages, 2015.
- M. Jeevani W. Jayasinghe, Jaume Anguera, Disala N. Uduwawala, and Aurora Andújar, “Nonuniform Overlapping Method in Designing Microstrip Patch Antennas Using Genetic Algorithm Optimization,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2015, Article ID 805820, 8 pages, 2015.
- M.J.W. Jayasinghe, J. Anguera, and D.N. Uduwawala, “Genetic algorithm optimization of a high-directivity microstrip patch antenna having a rectangular profile”, Radioengineering, Vol.22, No. 3, 700-707, 2013.
- M.J.W. Jayasinghe, D.N. Uduwawala , “Optimization of the performance of patch antennas using genetic algorithms”, Journal of National Science Foundation, Vol. 41, No. 2, 115-122, 2013.
- Premathilake, T., Jayasinghe, J., Saraereh, O., Esselle, K. and Khokle, R., “High Directivity Broadband Hexagonal Fractal Ring Antenna with Modified Ground” ECTI Transactions on Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communications, 18(1), pp.1-8, 2020.
- Anguera, J., Andújar, A., Jayasinghe, J., Chakravarthy, V.V.S.S., Chowdary, P.S.R., Pijoan, J.L., Ali, T. and Cattani, C., “Fractal Antennas: An Historical Perspective”. Fractal and Fractional, 4(1), p.3, 2020.
- Mishra, J. Jayasinghe, R.G. Mishra, and P. Kuchhal, “Design and Performance Analysis of a Rectangular Microstrip Line Feed Ultra-Wide Band Antenna”, International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition,Vol.9, No.6, 419-426, 2016.
- M.J.W. Jayasinghe, J. Anguera, and D.N. Uduwawala, “High-directivity genetic microstrip patch antenna“, International Journal of Electronics Letters, Vol. 4, No. 3, 279-286, 2016.
- W. Jayasinghe, J. Anguera, and D. N. Uduwawala, “A high-directivity microstrip patch antenna design by using genetic algorithm optimization,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 37, 131-144, 2013.
- W. Jayasinghe, J. Anguera, and D.N. Uduwawala, “A simple design of multi band microstrip patch antennas robust to fabrication tolerances for GSM, UMTS, LTE, and Bluetooth applications by using genetic algorithm optimization,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 27, 255-269, 2012.
- Senior Member, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), USA.
- Associate Member, IESL (Institute of Engineers Sri Lanka).
- Most Outstanding Young Researcher Award/ FAS-WUSL: 2019
- Certificate of Merit- Most Outstanding Young Researcher Award/ WUSL: 2019
- National Science Foundation Travelling Fellowship: 2018
- Certificate of Merit- Most outstanding Young Researcher Award/ WUSL: 2017
- IEEE WIE travel grant: 2017
- National Science Foundation Travelling Fellowship: 2015
- National Science Foundation Training scholarship: 2013
- Research Fellowship, Ramon Llull University, Barcelona, Spain in 2013
- Visiting Fellowship, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia in 2018
- Anna University, Centre For Research, Chennai, India, 2017.
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, India, 2017.
- S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai, India, 2016.
- Optimized Printed Yagi Array Antennas for Mobile Communication Applications, MPhil, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya.
- Design and Development of a novel, passive RFID dual mode tag and sensor device with 2.45 GHz on – chip antenna, MPhil, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka.
- Optimized and Improved Multiband Antenna for Mobile Application in Millimeter Wave Frequency, PhD, Ramon Llull University, Spain.